The purpose of this RFP is to pursue an experienced artist or team to turn the tree in the above picture into a Sculpture. The tree has been trimmed by the Parks Department to our desired specifications.
A good point of reference for the completed art piece would be the Chicago Tree Project and especially artist Samantha Rausch whose tree was the inspiration for this project.
While not required, an automotive theme would be preferable. Also, something that is unique to the Lansing region and represents the community would be ideal.
Art Tree Timeline:
- Deadline for responses to the RFP is midnight on June 30, 2020
- Responses will be juried by July 31, 2020, at the very latest.
- The work must be completed by August 31, 2020
- The chosen artist will receive a $1,000 stipend when the work is completed to the satisfaction of the Friends of Durant Park.
- Artists must retain Liability Insurance with additional insured included.
If this project fits your artistic style or if you know someone who would be interested, please download the RFP. The RFP contains more details about requirements and information about Durant Park and the Art Tree Project.
Email questions to Friends of Durant Park president: Diane Sanborn