Agency: A virtual art show reflecting the themes of global citizenship
Broto: Art-Climate-Science, a collaboration conference, is looking for 10 art pieces for a non-commercial virtual exhibit to go up in May 1-30, 2021 on this website and be highlighted during our May 15-16 online conference, called “Greetings, Earthlings”
“Agency” can be defined as the capacity, condition, or state of acting or of exerting power. How can artists act as agents to address the real and imagined boundaries of our planet in relation to the climate crisis? What responsibility do we have as visual thinkers to generate momentum for change? How can art elevate a discussion about borders, civic responsibility, kindness, humanitarianism, justice, and stewardship in the Anthropocene? Works from all media will be considered including, but not limited to, photography, video, sculpture, installation, multimedia works, painting, printmaking, and ceramics.
- Submission FREE: There are no fees to submit your work
- Eligibility: Open to all applicants, including minors with parental consent
- Perks: All accepted works will be promoted via social media, will be included in conference documentation, and will be part of a group show
Broto: Art-Climate-Science (www.broto.eco), a program of the Cape Cod Center for Sustainability, is a gathering of artists, scientists, sustainability strategists, green tech entrepreneurs and others involved in the climate crisis. Our collaborators explore meaningful art-sci collaboration as a source of new ideas. It’s a brainy, high-concept conference — during which we examine ways that “art can inform science” among other substantive collaboration objectives.
Preference will be given to submissions with strong ties back to science.
- Due via the online form below by March 31, 2021
- Artists/Collaborative Groups may submit up to five images
- No entry fee
- Artist Bio
- Answers to these key questions:
- Describe how this work addresses the theme of Agency in relationship to the climate crisis
- Describe how this work navigates the idea of global citizenship
- What are the main questions that this work evokes?
- Up to 5 digital images per artist. (JPG format at 1400 pixels on the longest side at 300 DPI)
- Website and social media handles
- End of March, 2021
- Published on broto.eco May 1, 2021
- Rights: Broto requires only one-time virtual rights for web reproduction. All other rights remain with the artist
- Sales: Sale inquiries will be directed to the artists. Broto will not take a commission for works sold.
Thank you. Questions? email@example.com. Good luck.
We look forward to seeing your work.
Submit here: https://broto.eco/open-call-for-art/