Funded by the generosity of the MSUFCU and individual donors, the MSUFCU Internship Opportunity Award provides stipend awards of up to $1,000 each to help cover out-of-pocket expenses related to an unpaid internship. The number of awards will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Contingent awards are available for students who have not accepted an internship offer by the application deadline, but internships must be secured (confirmed) within 10 days of the deadline. (Many awards will be for less than the maximum $1,000 award.) Awards are available for U.S. based internships only (remote internships and micro-internships are eligible for consideration).
Spring 2021 program applications:
Application submissions begin on Wednesday, November 18 after 8:00am
Application deadline is Tuesday, January 19 at 11:59pm
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing;
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by the MSU Office of Financial Aid and the student essay);
- Internships can be on-site, virtual (remote), or a combination of on-site/virtual (“Stay safe, Spartans!”);
- Program is not open to students who are: interning with an MSU department; interning internationally; past Award recipients; or in a graduate level program;
- Log in to D2L system at D2L.msu.edu and click on “Self Registration” and then select class option “MSUFCU Intern Award”
- Complete and submit the application survey form
- Upload your current resume
- Upload your personal essay
- One page (about 500 words) describing your academic and career goals and how this internship fits into your strategy for achieving your goals. You are encouraged to demonstrate your passion for your internship opportunity, share what you will be doing and learning, as well as make your case for any financial considerations (e.g., out-of-pocket expenses) that are affecting your ability to pursue your internship. If you have not yet secured an internship, describe the #1 priority internship you are pursuing.
- Note: You should receive a confirmation email after completing each of the above actions
Questions regarding the application process, please contact: Bill Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org