Writing professional documents can feel overwhelming. Let the Career Services Network help you share your professional story in this workshop focused on writing and formatting your resume and cover letter.
As a result of this session, students will be able to:
Describe the purpose and goal of a resume and the basic content areas to include
– Identify formatting options to make their resume clear, concise, and well-organized in order to be easily scanned by screen readers and applicant tracking systems
– Implement strategies for tailoring their resume to align with a job description
– Understand and apply the WHO method to communicate skills, qualifications, and outcomes through bullet point statements
– Identify interests, skills, and experiences that best illustrate their connections to the job description and organization
– Describe the format of a typical business letter to be utilized in a cover letter