Keynote Lecture and Workshop | Indigenizing Shakespeare, Madeline Sayet: Friday, February 5th (Public Lecture at 2pm and MSU Workshop at 3:30pm)
- Lecture: “Native American Shakespeare: The Journey to Representation”: this lecture will examine the complex history of the relationship between Shakespeare’s plays and the indigenous peoples of America, from the onset of colonialism through the present day. Madeline will also share insights into how this intersection informs her own life and work, and the Native Theatre Movement at large.
- Workshop: In this session, Mohegan Director Madeline Sayet will guide participants through a process of creatively indigenizing Shakespeare for themselves. Participants will begin their own dynamic reimaginings of the plays and be empowered to make bold creative choices in their own work going forward.
- Also see the attached flyer with further details (and how to register), and contact Katie Knowles (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jyotsna Singh (email@example.com) for more information.
Pre-1800 Pedagogy Roundtable | Teaching Pre-1800 Texts Today: Friday, March 19th, 2-4pm
- In this roundtable, graduate students and faculty will give short presentations on the topic: pedagogy about/with performance and play in pre-1800 courses. These presentations will be followed by a discussion and joint activity where we create a syllabus/depository of texts, links, etc. useful for those teaching pre-1800 texts.
- If interested in giving a presentation at the workshop, or to learn more, please contact Emily Yates (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Symposium | Performance and Play: Friday, April 16th, 2-5pm
- In this symposium, we will explore the various intersections between technology, performance, and play. We are seeking short papers of approximately 3-5 double-spaced pages for inclusion in the symposium, which will be organized as round-table discussions with presenters speaking for about 5 minutes before opening discussion up to the entire group of presenters and audience members.
- See the attached CFP and contact Stephen Deng (email@example.com) for further information.