- Navah Wolfe is a Hugo and Locus Award-nominated editor at Saga Press. She is also the coeditor of Robots vs Fairies and The Starlit Wood: New Fairy Tales, which won the Shirley Jackson Award and was a finalist for the World Fantasy Award, British Fantasy Award, and the Locus Award. In 2017 she was selected as a Publishers Weekly Rising Star.
- DongWon Song is an agent at Howard Morhaim Literary Agency representing science fiction and fantasy for adults, young adult, and middle grade readers as well as select non-fiction. He was formerly an editor at Orbit and a product manager for the ebook startup, Zola Books.
When: Monday, January 22, 2018, from 6:30 p.m. to roughly 8:00 p.m.
Where: International Center, room 115, on the MSU Campus
Hosted by Associated Students of Michigan State University, Council of Graduate Students, and Resident Halls Association. These organizations are looking for student input, experiences, feedback, and ideas as it relates to the following topics:
- Mandatory reporting, understanding, and enforcement of the Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Policies
- Student resources on campus as it relates to sexual assault
- Student health and wellness resources (Counseling and Psychiatry Services)
- Campus stakeholder and engagement for the administration and students going forward
- What values you would like to see in the new President of MSU
Please join us for a guided conversation among MSU employees related to current events and climate on campus. This opportunity, with trained facilitators from the regional Facilitator’s Guild, will allow attendees to provide the context of where they see the university community now and productively discuss ideas for moving forward. All faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students are welcome and encouraged to come together for these events.
The Big Lebowski (Joel and Ethan Coen, 1998)
Presented by Justus Nieland
Jeff Bridges plays Jeff Lebowski who insists on being called “the Dude,” a laid-back, easygoing burnout who happens to have the same name as a millionaire whose wife owes a lot of dangerous people a whole bunch of money — resulting in the Dude having his rug soiled, sending him spiraling into the Los Angeles underworld.