This concert features the very powerful Shostakovich Symphony No. 13 “Babi Yar,” and “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” by Charles Davidson. A setting of poems by the renowned Soviet writer Evgeny Yevtushenko, Shostakovich’s work significantly memorialized the 1941 massacre of Ukrainian Jews by Nazi forces at Baba Yar.
Join us on Mackinac Island for a special weekend at one of the world’s finest hotels where you will enjoy private porch receptions, unique programming, fine gourmet dinners, and good company!
- Private porch receptions and gourmet dinners
- An enjoyable evening of musical theatre with a performance by MSU Department of Theatre students
- Guided tour of the Manoogian Art Collection
- Sustainable Design: Fashion and Costume – Presentation by faculty from Apparel and Textile Design program and Department of Theatre – Rebecca Schuiling, Assistant Professor and Theatre Faculty
- The Art of Snares to Wares – Laura Cloud, Associate Professor